Nail salons can easily harbor harmful bacteria and become a vehicle for cross-contamination, causing the spread of disease and infections. Working directly on a client’s nail bed is an area where dangerous pathogens can cause the transfer of such bacteria as ringworm, staph, fungi, warts and even MRSA, to name a few.
Clients that come to a nail salon want to have a day of pampering and beauty and it’s your job to ensure they receive that treatment.
|Bactronix’s goal is to keep your nail salon safe and compliant. Research has shown that bacteria are now immune to the typical cleaning protocol of harsh chemicals used in nail salons today. The chemicals found in these products can also be carcinogenic. Your salon will become safer for clients and staff by using Bactronix non-toxic C3 to disinfect all tools and surfaces.||
|For additional protection it is recommended you get your facility tested and Bactronized twice a year. By displaying your antimicrobial seal of certification, your clients entering the building can be confident that you have a safer, “green” environment.|
C3 meets all the state board requirements by being a hospital grade disinfectant that is EPA registered and USDA accepted.
Below is the protocol that all nail techs should follow:
- All metal instruments and tools used for manicuring and pedicuring- Mist each tool 2-3 times after each guest and wipe clean. You can also use the jar protocol.
- Pedicure stations- After each guest exists the pedicure bath fill up bath with hot water and a cup of C3. Run it through for 5 minutes to cut through biofilm. The chair and massage remote should be misted several times after the pedicure as well and let air dry.
- Manicure tables- Before setting up for each guest spray the top and sides of the table and wipe clean. Then spray several mists to air dry before laying down your clean towel for your next client.
- Reusable buffers and nail files- These instruments are best to be thrown away after each use but they can be disinfected if you choose to keep them. After each guest spray 2-3 mists on the buffer or file and let air dry.
- UV nail lamps- After each guest unplug, let cool, and spray 2-3 mists inside, wipe clean then apply 2-3 mists to airdry.