After a construction project is complete, there is still a lot of work to do before the area is ready for use. Post-construction cleaning is essential for creating a safe and healthy environment for occupants and visitors. But who is responsible for cleaning up after construction? How should you clean up after construction? When do you need to call in a professional? This article will cover the answers to these questions and explain how Bactronix can help you get your home or business in pristine condition after a construction project.
Who is Responsible for Post-Construction Cleaning?
The contracting company and its employees are typically responsible for the initial cleanup of the area after a project is completed. They should clear the site of materials, waste, and debris, and ensure the area is safe. While any additional cleaning and disinfecting that is needed after the construction company leaves is the responsibility of the home or business owner.
Post-Construction Cleaning Checklist
Once the contractor has completed work in your home or business, it’s time to begin the interior cleaning process. Here is what we recommend you should do post-construction.
- Dust and vacuum – Begin by dusting and vacuuming all surfaces, including floors, walls, ceilings, windows, fixtures, and furniture. For best results, use a vacuum with a HEPA filter to capture all dust particles.
- Disinfect surfaces – Wipe down all surfaces to disinfect; this includes countertops, windows, walls, and other surfaces. The right disinfectant will provide safe, effective protection from germs, bacteria, and viruses – and BactroKill does exactly that! BactroKill is our EPA-registered antimicrobial spray disinfectant specifically formulated for both residential and commercial use, and can be applied on any surface.
- Clean air vents and ducts – Having your air ducts professionally cleaned is an important step in ensuring that the air you breathe is clean and free from contaminants. Cleaning your air ducts can help reduce allergens and other airborne pollutants which may be circulating through your home’s ventilation system post-construction.
When to Call a Professional for Post-Construction Cleaning
Post-construction cleaning can be an overwhelming task, and it’s not always easy to know when to call in a professional. Here are a few signs that you may need to call a professional like Bactronix.
- You need to ensure all dust, debris, and other materials are thoroughly removed from your HVAC system.
- You need to ensure the area is safe and sanitized before use.
- You need to have the area professionally cleaned to meet local regulations or standards.
Bactronix is Always Here to Help
When you find yourself in need of professional post-construction cleaning services, Bactronix is here to help. We provide disinfection and air duct cleaning services year-round. Our experienced technicians have the expertise and equipment necessary to complete the job quickly and efficiently. With our help, you can be sure that your home or business is in pristine condition after a construction project. Call Bactronix today to learn more about how we can help get your space back to normal.