One of the most haunting things you’ll face as a homeowner won’t be the things that go bump in the night. Instead, it’s an everyday foe you’re probably familiar with that is lurking right behind your walls—and you probably don’t even know it. Many homeowners often forget that mold growth can occur in places where it cannot be visibly seen—behind their walls, above their ceiling tiles, or within their air ducts. Mold that is present but is visually undetectable–also known as hidden mold–can thrive in your home, leaving you or your family with unexplained adverse health effects as a result.
You should have your home tested for hidden mold if you:
- Notice musty odors
- Are experiencing cold-like symptoms
- Start developing upper respiratory issues
Causes of Hidden Mold
With any long-term moisture problems in your house, mold growth is inevitable. This is commonly due to leaks in your plumbing, past flooding incidents, and condensation from improperly insulated ductwork. These incidents could be your first clue that hidden mold may be haunting you.
- Leaks – One leaky pipe–no matter how small–can cause mold to grow quickly. If the leak was behind a wall or under a floor, then any mold growth would be hidden behind that surface too. Even if the leak was not hidden, there could still be mold hidden out of view from water which seeped through surfaces.
- Past Flooding – If your house has flooded in the past and the removal of standing water or drying out of the area did not happen quickly, then it’s likely that mold could have started to grow. Mold could be growing in places where flood water remained the longest such as in the basement, laundry room, or in crawl spaces.
- Condensation – Condensation usually occurs on surfaces such as windows, metal pipes, or metal ducts. This buildup creates prime real estate for mold to grow. Condensation can also be a sign that you have a humidity problem in your home. High humidity levels can continuously feed mold growth in places you may least expect.
Get Rid of Mold with Bactronix
If you are being haunted by unexplained health or respiratory issues caused by mold, or suspect you have a mold problem in your home, it’s crucial that you take the proper steps to remove the mold as soon as possible. Bactronix can help. With our proprietary Bactronizing® process and revolutionary products that ensure 100% coverage, you can rest assured knowing hidden mold will no longer haunt you.
Our certified mold remediation process is backed by our exclusive warranty to ensure that hidden mold in your home is gone for good. As your local Pittsburgh mold removal experts, Bactronix will eliminate your mold problem and prevent it from haunting you in the future!