Mold spores can cause a wide range of health problems, from wheezing and an itchy throat to more serious problems if you have a weakened immune system. Mold can grow any place that has moisture, including carpet, inside walls, in HVAC ducts, and even on hard surfaces. If you find mold growing on any surface, it’s important to thoroughly clean and disinfect the area, and you may need to call in a professional to make sure problem is fully addressed. Here are seven steps you, or a mold remediation company, will need to take.
- Test and identify the type of mold you’re dealing with. At Bactronix, we provide written test results, so you know the type and extent of the mold problem. This helps identify the most effective treatment.
- Evaluate the environment and decide on a remediation plan. Different spore types and surfaces will respond to different types of remediation. This is where experience comes into play. It’s not enough to just spray some bleach and call it a day. A professional team will be able to recommend mediation treatments and ways to prevent the problem from coming back.
- Treat the mold. There are many mold treatments out there, but we have a proprietary Bactronizing® process that ensures 100% coverage and helps prevent regrowth. Our system eliminates mold along with any fungi, algae, viruses or bacteria that may have developed.
- Re-test to make sure the problem is eliminated. If mold spores remain after treatment, you may not be able to see them on the surface. Re-testing makes sure the problem is actually resolved. We include re-testing as part of our remediation plan.
- Ask for certification. If you’re using a mold remediation service, make sure they provide some sort of certification to show you’ve completed remediation and the environment is safe. We provide a transferrable certification that you can use to enhance real estate transfers, or to provide for tenants.
- Look for a warranty on treatment. One of the dangers of trying DIY mold remediation is most people don’t know and don’t have the equipment to completely eradicate mold and fungal spores. If you’re working with a professional, make sure there’s a warranty on their work. With Bactronix, you receive a one-year warranty against mold regrowth.
- Remember to maintain a regular disinfection protocol to prevent mold from coming back. If it was originally caused by a leak or other fixable moisture problem, make the necessary repairs to prevent the situation from reoccurring.
We’ve been helping businesses and homeowners clean and treat mold problems for more than ten years, and we’ve developed cleaning and disinfection products specifically formulated to help fight mold growth. Give us a call for a consultation and browse our products to find the right solution for you!