Having your air ducts professionally cleaned is an important step in ensuring that the air you and your family breathe is clean and free from contaminants. Cleaning your air ducts can help reduce allergens and other airborne pollutants which may be circulating through your home’s ventilation system. With regular cleaning of your air ducts by a professional, you can improve the quality of the air in your home. But what should you as a homeowner expect with this service? Let’s take a look at why it’s important to get your ducts cleaned regularly and what the Bactronix air duct cleaning process is like.
Why Clean Your Air Ducts?
Having your air ducts professionally cleaned minimizes the level of dust and dirt that can accumulate in the system over time. Regular ductwork maintenance helps reduce allergens and pollutants such as pollen, pet dander, or mold spores which can cause breathing problems for those who suffer from allergies or asthma. By eliminating these irritants, you can create a healthier environment for yourself and your family.
Professional air duct cleaning can also help your HVAC system to work more effectively. This helps your home stay cooler during hot seasons, and warmer during cold seasons, likely reducing your overall energy cost. Routine air duct cleaning will also help professionals detect any underlying issues; that way they can then be repaired before becoming bigger, more expensive problems.
How Often Your System Should Be Cleaned
The frequency of air duct cleaning depends on a variety of factors, including the age of your home, system usage, and the type of system you have. Many newer HVAC systems have better filtration, which can take care of the majority of contaminants. However, even with these systems in place, they will still benefit from being cleaned periodically to make sure they are functioning optimally. It is also recommended to have your air ducts cleaned when a construction project is completed or when you have a new furnace installed.
If your home or system is relatively new or you don’t use your HVAC system frequently, you may be able to get away with having your air ducts cleaned every 3-4 years. However, if your home is older or you have pets that shed hair or dander regularly, more frequent cleanings are recommended. Additionally, if your family experiences frequent allergies or asthma attacks, having your ducts cleaned more often can help reduce environmental triggers in the home.
The Bactronix Process
The Bactronix air duct cleaning process is designed to thoroughly clean, disinfect, and protect your air ducts from bacteria, mold, allergens, odors, and more. Here is the step-by-step of how our certified technicians effectively remove build-up from your air ducts:
- Test – Our process starts with testing to determine the condition of the air ducts before they are cleaned.
- Clean – Next, your ductwork is connected to our state-of-the-art vacuum truck for a thorough cleaning. Additionally, all registers, grills, and furnace doors are hand washed. We will also visually inspect your A/C evaporator coil and clean it if it warrants cleaning.
- Disinfect – Once the ducts are cleaned, they are treated with our eco-responsible, EPA registered, hospital grade disinfectant and deodorizer.
- Re-Test – The ducts are then tested again, thereby providing measurable evidence of the improved indoor air quality and ventilation in your home.
- Protect – After the ductwork is tested and it is confirmed that your air quality is back to a healthy level, our protectant is applied to inhibit buildup and the growth of mold, mildew, and fungi for extended periods of time.
We guarantee that our cleaning process will leave your home with fresher air and a healthier environment for you and your family. Additionally, our one year warranty ensures that you can enjoy peace of mind knowing that your air ducts are protected from future buildup.
Schedule With A Professional!
Most HVAC systems do not need to be cleaned every year. But, periodic cleanings in addition to regular inspections, offer health benefits that come from cleaner air. No matter how often you choose to have your air ducts professionally cleaned, it’s important to remember that this is a job best left to the professionals. At Bactronix, we take the time to ensure your air ducts are clean and free from pollutants, so you can rest assured knowing that your family is breathing cleaner, healthier air.